Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Weekly Quiz on Stoichiometry

I gotta say, my opinion about this unit has changed. I thought it was super easy and that the unit test would be freakin awesome. But now I found another problem. As they say, "There is always a problem in Chemistry." The weekly quiz was pretty easy. Honestly, I didn't think it was hard. But the problem was time. It took us 50 minutes to do 10 stoichiometry problems. If we get 30 of those problems on the unit test, I wonder what is gonna happen. I think at least Mrs. Frankenberg should break apart the question into multiple questions involving steps. That way we can actually finish the test. The questions were easy, but they took sooo long! I did enough work on that quiz to fill 10 pages of notes. Every question was about the same. This was the only good part. There wasn't too much thinking involved. It was a little tricky but I caught on. The hardest part for me was trust. I did each problem and checked it like 10 times. Mostly because I know that if I mess up a single digit, it could mess up the whole answer. And also, Mrs. Frankenberg works each problem the wrong ways too. So I was unsure about every single answer, thinking that I was falling into her trap. This is weird, but I think she is testing our patience and concentration. If I lose track for one second, I know that I am gonna miss that question. Well anyways, hopefully the unit test will be fine. Hope is all I have left...

3 comments:

  1. First, ten questions shouldn't take all 50 minutes. I agree with you that they do take a while to solve, but it only took me about half of the class hour to do the problems and the remainder of the time I spent checking my answers. I think at this point, though, you have to accept that you won't have time to check your answers. I know that on the ACT, PSAT, SAT, or AP tests you don't get time to check your answers, and yes, this means that you're not going to get every problem right, however, that is okay. As to wondering whether or not you're doing the problems correctly, in this case you can (I think) use the distracters to your advantage. I felt sure of my answers because on the problems where you had to run the stoich twice, I found the answers to both of the stoich problems as answers. Like you said, she works the problems wrong to get good distracters and the easiest mistake would be not doing both stoich problems, so I knew I had the right answer (this only works if you know which of the two answers to choose). Good luck on the unit test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Varun, I agree, I thought that quiz was incredibly simple. On the other hand, I didn't really think it took the whole class, but it did take a while for such a small handful of problems. Thankfully, the unit test will only have about 15ish problems on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the quiz was fairly easy. However, I don't think that the issue of time will be that great of a factor on the test. I believe in you Varun! You''l do great on the test!

    ReplyDelete