Wednesday, March 9, 2016

First Lesson: Lewis Dot Structures

This was one of the first lessons for this unit. Apparently this unit is connected to the previous unit. I wasn't too happy when I heard that. To be honest, I don't like it when there is no math involved with units. I feel more comfortable when I am dealing with numbers. This is mostly because it is easier to guess number answers. Anyways, I need to explain this lesson. Basically, Lewis Dot Structures are a way to represent the valence electrons in an atom. These weren't really the hard part of the lesson. After this, we talked about bonds and how they can create formal charge. This was the part we were lost in. Well, all units start this way. lets hope it gets better.

These are the dot structures of all the elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment