Friday, February 12, 2016

Web Resources for the Acid-Base Unit

Here are a few helpful links for the acid-base unit:

1. Difference between Arrhenius and Bronsted Lowry Acids and Bases - This link talks about, well, the difference between these two types of acids and bases.
2. Conjugate acid-base pairs quiz - Pretty good quiz. There are few questions, but they are good questions.
3. pH and pOH practice problems - This is a big quiz and it has questions involving calculations of pH, pOH, H+, and OH-.
4. How to do ICE Box problems - This link shows you how to do ICE Box problems.
5. How to do Titration problems - This link shows you how to perform titration problems.
6. Practice Titration problems - This has practice titration questions. It is also from Khan Academy which is a very useful and reliable source.

Although I did not use all of these sources to prepare for the test, I still recommend them. I actually regret not using these for the test. Sure, I did already have a lot of practice to do, but I feel like I could have used more practice.

4 comments:

  1. I actually used some of those links! They helped me a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great resources. I looked at a couple of them before the unit test and they were really useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Varun! Those links were really helpful with studying for the test, especially because they were split up into the different categories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Erin. Quality resources. I appreciate the honesty at the end too. I will definitely take your advice and use these links before I take the test.

    ReplyDelete