Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Molar Mass of Unknown Acid Lab

This was a very interesting yet very frustrating lab. It was pretty much the old lab but with a new acid that we had to find the molar mass of. Our last lab went smoothly so I thought this one would go by quick too. Boy was I wrong. The first time I titrated with my partner, we got a 16% error. We were shocked. We saved some time as we didn't have to re-standardize, but we still weren't fast enough to do 2 trials on the first day. We tried again the next day and got a 17% error. We kind of felt terrible. We decided to give it a 3rd try, and we hit jackpot. We got a 7% error. I was really happy. My partner, clearly wasn't satisfied. She wanted a less percent error. I got mad and decided to turn in the note-card alone while she took the test. Hehe. Now she can't change it. Oh well, I guess this lab was pretty fun.

Cool tornado inside a beaker

4 comments:

  1. Although I did not experience the same frustration as you, I can see why you were so frustrated with your percent error at first. Good job getting it down though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I did not experience the same frustration as you, I can see why you were so frustrated with your percent error at first. Good job getting it down though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture is really great quality... sicK 'NADO DUUDE. Anyways, I felt your frustration with your percent error... except Dylan and I yielded 35%.. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lab was fun and time consuming at the same time. kyle and i were able to get a pretty good yeild on the lab. BTW thats not a tornato its a whirlpool.

    ReplyDelete