Sunday, April 17, 2016

Boat Race

This might have been one of the most intense boat races in the history of boat races. This is mainly due to the prize money. I know it won't sound like much, but the prize was extra credit. Although extra credit is not even that good a prize for other students, it is a goldmine for students in pre-ap chemistry. Although it was intense, it was still a fun race. Making the boat was the only stressful part. I didn't have a hard time making the boat, but I did have a hard time with the placement of the engine. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't figure it out. Then, I found out the next day with a little help from Mrs. Frankenberg. And then we finished our boat. After that, we just gave it a test run and then we were kind of done with it. Then, on Thursday, we raced. We went first and got 22 secs. We were in first place then. And then we weren't after some time. We didn't get extra credit in the end. However, I was still happy because at least we got full points. I am looking froward to summer. That's all I can say for now.



Dylan holding his prize boat for the slowest time!

2 comments:

  1. This unit was so much fun! The picture of Dylan describes his boat perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your description of the lab. It was a great summary of everything we did in the unit. Great job!

    ReplyDelete