Saturday, October 31, 2015

Web Resources for Measurement Unit

Here is a list of web resources that really helped me with this project and helped me understand this unit.

1. Metric Kitchen - This was the website given to us by our teacher, Mrs. Frankenberg. This website really helped me convert most of the ingredients in my recipes. Thanks Mrs. Frankenberg.
2. Cooking Measurement Equivalents - I found this link a little after I finished my work for the Last Meal project. I wish I had used these measurement converters. This website converts teaspoons into mLs and grams so this one is technically better than the metric kitchen.
3. Counting Significant Digits - This website is pretty good. If you are unsure about measuring the distance in a ruler or graduated cylinder, this website page is for you. It talks about how to measure the ruler and graduated cylinder the right way. I used this website for learning another concept in this unit. The link to that page will be below.
4. Rounding Significant Figures - This page talks about how and where to round in significant figures. I know that we all know how to round normal numbers in math but this concept in chemistry is actually very confusing. This page kind of helped be understand this concept in a better way.
5. Units and Dimensions - This website is actually very good because it tells you the prefixes for the unit and what they equal. It is generally very hard to remember each one so this website may help you. Also a new thing I learned was that the prefix smaller than pico- is femto-. Femto- is equal to 10^-15, so that is 1000 times smaller than pico-. That was a pretty cool thing I learned. This website also teaches you how to convert. I am pretty good at that so it didn't help me too much.
6. Density Related Problems - If you are looking for more practice questions involving density, this is the website for you. It only has 10, but they are good questions for extra practice. A little extra practice wouldn't hurt, right?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You really hit every single part of this unit with those links! I actually ended up using the first two while making our project and they came in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Varun, excellent job finding some great resources! I will definitely look back on them for review for future tests that will implement the use of significant digits and dimensional analysis.

    ReplyDelete