Monday, May 9, 2016

The Airbag Lab Results

This was without doubt, the most stressful lab I have ever done. I am almost had a heart attack before I inflated my bag. As you probably read in my post below, we had to write our own procedure from scratch for this lab. I had a pretty good procedure so I got into the lab today. After we got in, I started doing the calculations as I needed to know how much of each substance to use. This was the part of time where I made a crucial mistake. Because I didn't want to explode my bag with too much gas, I only decided to fill the bag up with 90% of the volume that I found. This was a group decision made by my group of friends as we talked it over a couple of times. This cost the lab for some of us. We had under-inflated the bag and were close to failing the lab. I barely passed, but I feel bad for those in my group that didn't pass. I don't know if it is too much to ask, but I would like for them to get a redo on the experiment, or some other way to make up for what is done. I am only saying this because this lab was crucial for some of us. Other than that, today was a decently fun day. I had some insane luck today. Probably because I prayed to Shiva the previous night.

Dylan, just chillin'

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had some success today, it was a fun but intense lab because the grade was on the line. I also appreciate your rhyme in your photo caption. Nice work Varun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that guy a model or something? I didn't know they had those for chemistry blogs. But seriously good job on the lab. I'm glad the 90% thing worked out for some of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your success for the lab. I had a little trouble with my calculations

    ReplyDelete